Life really can get the best of you sometimes and it can be so easy to let months pass between visits with good friends. Back in February we decided to stop procrastinating and plan something fun for a small group of us. We finally booked the weekend away that we seemed to talk about for years, but never made happen. So […]...continue reading →
Today I went to an interesting talk by Nigel Marsh all about work/life balance. What a great speaker! One of the first things he told us is how the “work/life balance” phrase is flawed. “Work/life balance” implies that there should be an even balance between work and personal life- but that’s just not realistic. Not only that, different people need different things to […]...continue reading →
Two weeks ago I had a full.on.week. Andrew and I traveled to Melbourne for a wedding on Friday, then Sunday I flew from Melbourne to Auckland where I conducted some training sessions for a few of our business partners on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday I woke up at 1:50am Sydney time and headed to the airport where I flew back […]...continue reading →
Whew it’s been awhile hasn’t it? Part of me misses blogging when I don’t get on here for ages. The other part of me can’t bear to think about writing a post with my recent hectic schedule. Alas, I finally have a peaceful night off and there’s been a lot going on for the last two months so it’s time to […]...continue reading →
I’ve slept in a lot of uncomfortable places and on a lot of terrible beds in my time. There was the time I chose to sleep on an ottoman half my size rather than the rock hard rollaway bed in Bali, the time I had to drag a mattress down the hallway of a hotel room to avoid the snoring of […]...continue reading →
So here’s a bit of a random post from me- but hey, I like to share random things from time to time. I’ve often discussed the different perks and interesting things about living in Australia in the past but one thing I haven’t really touched on is the gambling culture. If you didn’t know, Australians are famous for their love of […]...continue reading →
Every time I come home from a trip back to California, I am a little sad. Sometimes it lasts a few days, sometimes a week and on the rare occasion- it can last even longer. I call this the post trip blues. You would think it would get a bit easier over the years when you have to say goodbye but […]...continue reading →
What do you do when you and the husband unexpectedly both have time off around Christmas? You cancel all your Christmas plans and book a last minute ticket to surprise the family back in the states. Well, at least that’s what we did this year. The best part? The laughs, smiles, screams and tears from all the family and friends we […]...continue reading →
Fifteen weeks. That’s how long I’ve gone without a weekend of no plans. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy socialising and doing fun things on the weekend, but 15 weeks in a row with no break? It’s too much. I’m tired and totally need a rainy Saturday to sit in my PJs all day and do nothing. That’s not too much […]...continue reading →
- Eight friends, one fun weekend away April 18, 2014
- Work Life Balance April 8, 2014
- Professor for a day – my guest lecture at the University of Sydney April 1, 2014
- Catching up on life down under March 31, 2014
- A perfect night’s sleep February 7, 2014
- Australia Post Sucks December 17, 2008
- My Dreams Have Come True August 9, 2009
- America vs. Australia October 1, 2008
- Australia Post Sucks- part 2 May 27, 2010
- Date Day August 23, 2006
- Demetria: I read a lot of interesting content here. Probably...
- search engine optimisation cost: An intriguing discussion is worth comment. I think...
- Does Video Suite Pro Work: Hi there everyone, it's my first visit at this we...
- Sherry: Excellent blog post. I definitely appreciate this ...
- reduce tinnitus: Having read this I believed it was really enlighte...