Last night I attempted a new recipe for Sangria. Even though I have an actual recipe book completely devoted to Sangria, I did not use that book. No for this recipe I simply used my good ol’ brain and made it up on my own. Naturally I wasn’t sure how it would turn out since I wasn’t following any instructions but I am happy to report that it was delicious!! A lot of people don’t like white wine Sangria so this may not be for everyone- but it is definitely for me!! Natasha and Hayley didn’t seem to mind it either!!
So now I am happy to share my Peachy Sangria recipe with you all.
- 2 bottles of chilled light white wine (trust me, you’ll need at least 2 bottles – I used a Semillon/Sav. Blanc blend)
- 1/4- 1/2 cup peach vodka
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup tinned/canned peaches (in juice, not syrup)
- 1/2 cup of the peach juice from the can
- 1 pear, peeled and sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 kiwi sliced
- Sprite or other lemon lime soda to top up
- Add the fruit, sugar, juice and vodka to a pitcher, stir well
- Add the wine and stir
- Let the Sangria chill for awhile. I let mine sit in the fridge for an hour
- Pour into glasses over ice, top up with sprite
- Drink way too quickly and wish you had made more
Obviously you can mix up the fruit… but don’t forget the peaches- otherwise it wouldn’t be very peachy would it?? I was really surprised that it turned out so well using vodka. The only reason I used vodka was because I ran out of brandy so I was a bit worried that it might be weird- but the peach vodka definitely added to the flavor!