Have I ever mentioned that this is a big tea drinking household? Andrew probably has 5 cups a day when he’s home, and while I may not drink it as often, I definitely have several cups a week. In fact, we love tea so much that we even have a whole cabinet in our kitchen devoted to tea. See… So, when […]...continue reading →
About the author: Laura Jack is 27 years old living with her partner, Josh in a flat in Melbourne City Centre. She’s a part-time guest blogger and a full-time accountant for PWC. Laura enjoys a good night out in Melbourne with her girlfriends, but doesn’t mind a quiet night in with some Italian food and a nice glass of Malbec. If […]...continue reading →
Life really can get the best of you sometimes and it can be so easy to let months pass between visits with good friends. Back in February we decided to stop procrastinating and plan something fun for a small group of us. We finally booked the weekend away that we seemed to talk about for years, but never made happen. So […]...continue reading →
Today I went to an interesting talk by Nigel Marsh all about work/life balance. What a great speaker! One of the first things he told us is how the “work/life balance” phrase is flawed. “Work/life balance” implies that there should be an even balance between work and personal life- but that’s just not realistic. Not only that, different people need different things to […]...continue reading →
Two weeks ago I had a full.on.week. Andrew and I traveled to Melbourne for a wedding on Friday, then Sunday I flew from Melbourne to Auckland where I conducted some training sessions for a few of our business partners on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday I woke up at 1:50am Sydney time and headed to the airport where I flew back […]...continue reading →
Whew it’s been awhile hasn’t it? Part of me misses blogging when I don’t get on here for ages. The other part of me can’t bear to think about writing a post with my recent hectic schedule. Alas, I finally have a peaceful night off and there’s been a lot going on for the last two months so it’s time to […]...continue reading →
I’ve slept in a lot of uncomfortable places and on a lot of terrible beds in my time. There was the time I chose to sleep on an ottoman half my size rather than the rock hard rollaway bed in Bali, the time I had to drag a mattress down the hallway of a hotel room to avoid the snoring of […]...continue reading →
- The Ocha Teapot October 13, 2014
- Casino Rehearsal September 18, 2014
- Eight friends, one fun weekend away April 18, 2014
- Work Life Balance April 8, 2014
- Professor for a day – my guest lecture at the University of Sydney April 1, 2014
- Australia Post Sucks December 17, 2008
- My Dreams Have Come True August 9, 2009
- America vs. Australia October 1, 2008
- Where did all my hobbies go? June 26, 2006
- Date Day August 23, 2006
- Bouncy Castle: Wow the Ocha teapot is amazing...! where you buy i...
- vikein: hi everyone australia post service is OK I have no...
- Joyce: Dear Elsha, My name is Joyce and I work for Exp...
- Gladis: Hi! I could have sworn I've been to your blog bef...
- Alex K.: What makes hotel beds so comfortable?...