As I mentioned in a previous post, expat life is getting easier. I’m used to driving on the other side of the road. I’m used to the lingo and phrases used by all the locals. I’m even starting to become accustomed to paying $15-30 minimum for a decent meal at a restaurant. But some things still surprise me. Some things still […]...continue reading →
Archive | Life Down UnderRSS feed for this section
You would think that after nearly 5 years of living in a new country one would have grown completely accustomed to the ways of life in that (not so new anymore) place. In many ways I have, in others I feel I still have so far to go. When I first moved here, I just couldn’t allow myself to settle in. […]...continue reading →
So what exactly have I been doing since I last posted in April of 2011? Let’s catch up shall we? Although I really liked my job at the social media marketing agency, I was spending a lot of time working on web development projects and I knew that’s not where I wanted my career to take me. An opportunity came knocking […]...continue reading →
Yesterday I received some exciting things in the mail. I suppose they technically came last week… but Andrew had to get to the post office to pick them up for me since I can no longer do those types of things now that I’m a working girl. So what did I get in the mail you ask I got two very […]...continue reading →
And this, my friends, is why I will never in my life ship something from Old Navy (or any shop for that matter) to our place in Australia....continue reading →
If you don’t already know my hatred for the slumbag contractors that work for the Australian Post… read here. Here is my update to that post. Andrew and I are not the type of people that sit back and complain about the Post time and time again without acting on our anger. We like to call and complain and we do […]...continue reading →
On Saturday a record was broken. While the powers that be might not “officially” recognize this record, I think the rest of the world definitely does! Jessica Watson sailed her way into history, and into Sydney Harbour after 7 months alone at sea voyaging around the world. If you don’t know about her already, take a moment to check out her […]...continue reading →
- The Ocha Teapot October 13, 2014
- Casino Rehearsal September 18, 2014
- Eight friends, one fun weekend away April 18, 2014
- Work Life Balance April 8, 2014
- Professor for a day – my guest lecture at the University of Sydney April 1, 2014
- Australia Post Sucks December 17, 2008
- My Dreams Have Come True August 9, 2009
- America vs. Australia October 1, 2008
- Where did all my hobbies go? June 26, 2006
- Date Day August 23, 2006
- Louise Faye: Maybe I would try to experience some casino in Aus...
- psoriasi cura: This article is informative.....
- skip bin hire melbourne: bookmarking the blog fir future references....
- PETER: AUSTRALIA POST WHY DID IT TAKE TWO WEEKS FOR A REG...
- cheap issurance Alaska: how much I hate how brown and dead Fall dÃ©cor i...