And now for my 2nd installment in the Yumdiddly series…
Chicken Pasta Bake
Now, this is nothing phenomenal, but it’s quick and easy (and most of all tasty) so I thought I’d share my recipe with you.
- 3 cups of spiral pasta (or any fat, short pasta)
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into small pieces (2 inches or so)
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce (roughly 24 oz)
- Ricotta cheese (about 6 oz or 3/4 cup)
- 1 carrot
- 1 small zucchini
- olive oil
- Lots of shredded cheese (we mostly used Parmesan and some cheddar)
- Chili paste/flakes
- 1 bottle of red wine
1. Peel and slice zucchini and carrot
2. Cook pasta and drain (oh and throw the carrot slices in with the pasta so they softens up a bit)
3. While pasta is cooking, sautee the chicken pieces in the olive oil, garlic and chili. Sprinkled on some oregano to make it look fancy (I guess it doesn’t taste bad either). I don’t measure stuff… just throw in what you like.
4. Cook chicken until it’s nearly done (it can still be a little pink). Andrew hates overcooked chicken… since you’ll be baking this- you don’t want to cook it too much at the beginning.
5. Mix the pasta sauce and the ricotta cheese in your favorite mixing bowl. Mine happens to be my green melamine bowl from Williams Sonoma. Kinda sad these bowls now come in a 4 pack and I only have 3!!!
6. Add chicken, veggies and pasta to the sauce and cheese. Mix it all up. Feel free to sing some Italian opera if you are so inclined.
7. Dump it into a baking dish that has been sprayed with some sort of cooking spray.
8. Cover the whole dish with mounds of shredded cheese
9. Bake uncovered at some random temperature until the cheese is a crispy, golden, melty dream come true. (I think I had this on about 200 C or 400F for about 10-12 minutes).
Oh… and the wine doesn’t actually go into this dish, I just like to drink it while I cook and eat!!
Andrew thought there was too much ricotta but overall he really liked it… I thought it was perfect- there can never be too much cheese, right?
Strawberry pocket pies