While in Africa, I got to check off number 43 from my 101 list- “go wine tasting again.” Kimbo planned an awesome day for us in the Stellenbosch and Franschhoek regions of South Africa (about a 45 minute drive from Cape Town). There’s not too much to say about wine tasting other than it was beautiful, delicious and we all got […]...continue reading →
When you’re driving through a Namibian desert that looks like THIS: This is what you DON’T want to happen: Unfortunately for us… this clearly DID happen. Fortunately for us we had a spare… and three boys who know how to change a tire. I’m pretty sure we were all silently praying during the next 1.5 hours of driving on desert gravel […]...continue reading →
Of course there had to be at least one big night out mentioned in my week of holiday blogging right? Surprisingly in 3 weeks, we really only did have ONE big night out- but that’s a good thing considering all the fantastic things we needed to have energy for. The night started off with an awesome sunset on the rocks of […]...continue reading →
When the suggestion was made that we go shark diving on our African holiday, I never once hesitated because of fear. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to spend the money, but I never felt afraid. Maybe watching Jaws in pre-school when I was 4 had some positive long term affect on me after all. I decided to give it a […]...continue reading →
Two days later the group decided they wanted to hike up Table Mountain. I had NO desire to climb up THAT mountain. Lion’s Head was enough for me so I said I would take the cable car up to to the top to meet them. Kimbo really tried to talk me into it but after Lion’s Head I knew I would […]...continue reading →
One of the things I hate doing most in life is climbing up hills and mountains. I’ve only really come to discover this after moving to Sydney where I have been forced to walk up hills to get anywhere. Orange County is SO flat in comparison. Africa was the perfect place to challenge myself in the hill department! The first few […]...continue reading →
So we’re finally back in Sydney after 3 awesome weeks in Africa. I had NO internet connection on my computer the entire time we were there so I was limited to using our friends’ net. I didn’t want to eat up all their bandwidth by posting too many blogs and photos so unfortunately everyone has had to wait for any real […]...continue reading →
- The Ocha Teapot October 13, 2014
- Casino Rehearsal September 18, 2014
- Eight friends, one fun weekend away April 18, 2014
- Work Life Balance April 8, 2014
- Professor for a day – my guest lecture at the University of Sydney April 1, 2014
- Australia Post Sucks December 17, 2008
- My Dreams Have Come True August 9, 2009
- America vs. Australia October 1, 2008
- Where did all my hobbies go? June 26, 2006
- Date Day August 23, 2006
- Alan Chapman: Amazing thoughts! I learned a lot from this articl...
- Buy contact lens in india: Very informative, keep posting such acceptable art...
- Buy contact lens in india: Blogging is that the new poetry. I realize it fant...
- Buy contact lens in india: This is the precise weblog for completely everybod...
- Louise Faye: Maybe I would try to experience some casino in Aus...