Life really can get the best of you sometimes and it can be so easy to let months pass between visits with good friends. Back in February we decided to stop procrastinating and plan something fun for a small group of us. We finally booked the weekend away that we seemed to talk about for years, but never made happen. So […]...continue reading →
So here’s a bit of a random post from me- but hey, I like to share random things from time to time. I’ve often discussed the different perks and interesting things about living in Australia in the past but one thing I haven’t really touched on is the gambling culture. If you didn’t know, Australians are famous for their love of […]...continue reading →
Every time I come home from a trip back to California, I am a little sad. Sometimes it lasts a few days, sometimes a week and on the rare occasion- it can last even longer. I call this the post trip blues. You would think it would get a bit easier over the years when you have to say goodbye but […]...continue reading →
Recently in one of the American Expat forums that I’m a member of, a friend posted a photo of a product that we all knew and loved back in the US but that hasn’t been available in Australia until just recently. The thread of comments from excited Americans was never ending! Then just days later, we had a new employee start […]...continue reading →
My sister and her kids visited Australia for the first time this past week. We had 7 people staying in our tiny apartment but it was wonderful to have them here and to have the opportunity to show them around my home and my life. Of course I was devastated to see them go. I basically sat on my couch all […]...continue reading →
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from down under...continue reading →
Saturday we had the pleasure of heading to the home of our new Italian friends, Stefano and Simona. They invited us to a BBQ and the weather was absolutely amazing for August so it was the perfect day for it. We headed up to Clontarf and were gobsmacked when we walked out on to their deck and saw this view. Aside […]...continue reading →
- The Ocha Teapot October 13, 2014
- Casino Rehearsal September 18, 2014
- Eight friends, one fun weekend away April 18, 2014
- Work Life Balance April 8, 2014
- Professor for a day – my guest lecture at the University of Sydney April 1, 2014
- Australia Post Sucks December 17, 2008
- My Dreams Have Come True August 9, 2009
- America vs. Australia October 1, 2008
- Where did all my hobbies go? June 26, 2006
- Date Day August 23, 2006
- Luxx Press: Great photos!...
- joseph: very informative article...
- Kiye Sic: Awesome article! Thanks for sharing.....
- priyanka: This article is informative.. Thanks for sharing...
- Kiye Sic: Great article!...