Today I ventured out of the apartment for a few hours to meet up with some fellow ex-pats. Is it weird that I’ve never met these people in person (until today), never have even talked to them at all (until today) and yet I still know so much about them? No talking on the phone, no emailing, no texting… yet I […]...continue reading →
Tonight as I was sitting down to blog, I was reminded of that old song I learned in Girl Scouts… “Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other’s gold. A circle is round, it has no end. That’s how long I will be your friend.” Ok, so does this mean new friends will never be as […]...continue reading →
I actually got my first ever (and possibly only) blog request! I’ve been asked to post about the top 10 things I love and don’t love about Australia, so… here it goes. I don’t know if I can come up with 10 each at the moment- so I’m just going to post about as much that comes to mind as possible. […]...continue reading →
Here are a few updates from my weekend: 1. My drive to Glebe was successful and my new Garmin GPS was very helpful. I must admit- it helped that I already basically knew where I was going, but it got the job done. I’m proud of myself that I made it! Driving across the bridge has been this big fear of […]...continue reading →
I’ve finally decided to take the next big step in ex-pat living. It’s been a year and a half exactly (tomorrow) since I moved to Australia and so I do think it is about time. I’m going to an Australian hairdresser. Well, technically he’s English- but he has a salon in Australia (Stevie English) and that’s what matters. You see, for the […]...continue reading →
Almost exactly one year ago, I was looking forward to going home to visit family and friends and I was also looking forward to trying this place out –The Counter. I even wrote about my excitement in this post. So we did go once while I was there… and it was good. I wouldn’t say it was the best place I […]...continue reading →
I had to say goodbye to my parents today 🙁 I am lucky that they did stay an extra few days (they were originally supposed to leave Friday) but it’s still hard to say goodbye. The place feels so empty without their bags and clothes and stuff. We had such an amazing time with them here! In addition to the stuff […]...continue reading →
- The Ocha Teapot October 13, 2014
- Casino Rehearsal September 18, 2014
- Eight friends, one fun weekend away April 18, 2014
- Work Life Balance April 8, 2014
- Professor for a day – my guest lecture at the University of Sydney April 1, 2014
- Australia Post Sucks December 17, 2008
- My Dreams Have Come True August 9, 2009
- America vs. Australia October 1, 2008
- Where did all my hobbies go? June 26, 2006
- Date Day August 23, 2006
- Alan Chapman: Amazing thoughts! I learned a lot from this articl...
- Buy contact lens in india: Very informative, keep posting such acceptable art...
- Buy contact lens in india: Blogging is that the new poetry. I realize it fant...
- Buy contact lens in india: This is the precise weblog for completely everybod...
- Louise Faye: Maybe I would try to experience some casino in Aus...