I went snowboarding this weekend for the first time in over 10 years. The reason I know it has been that long is that I actually still had my last lift pass attached to my snow pants and the date was February 14th, 1999. Crazy! So since I had no internet for nearly 4 whole days, it was impossible to update everyone on the trip. So I thought I’d update you all on the weekend in a facebook/twitter status update-like fashion. This is mostly because I can’t be bothered to type full paragraphs. So pretend you just read these all throughout the weekend 🙂
- is driving to Jindabyne with Andrew- I just saw wild Emu and I’ve seen tons of wild kangaroos too 🙂
- arrived at the apartment- pretty nice place. Now we’re eating pizza, watching a movie and waiting for the others to get here.
- is on the slopes for the first time in 10 years… I’m REALLY scared
- is eating shit, this is a bit harder than I remember
- is getting a group snowboard lesson with 3 other girls. Our instructor is great and I’m actually getting the hang of this!
- is using my new knowledge of turning and making it down the bunny slopes without falling.
- had a great first day of snowboarding, now we’re drinking schnapps and beers at the bar on the slopes.
- is making fajitas for dinner and having some wine.
- and Andrew are kicking butt playing the game Articulate with the rest of the group.
- woke up sore, but not too sore. I’m ready for more boarding.
- just finished my 2nd group boarding lesson and I was probably one of the best ones in the group of 10. I’m really getting the hang of this.
- decided to go up to the higher lifts, it is WAY colder up here, super windy and a lot steeper- I’ve lost all confidence to practice turns
- has changed her mind, I’m NOT getting the hang of this and have fallen more in the last 3 hours than I did the entire first day.
- is in pain. Lots and lots of pain.
- can’t stand up. I keep falling over and I’m just too tired to even stand anymore.
- is so over snowboarding!!!!
- and the rest of the group are heading to Kris’ friend’s place in Thredbo for a BBQ.
- has seen more roadkill on this trip than I have my entire life.
- enjoyed a great BBQ dinner and conversation but I got one of my stupid stomach aches.
- took some medicine and laid down, feeling much better now.
- woke up in horrible pain. Pretty sure I have whiplash. I do NOT want to snowboard today.
- realized that if I don’t snowboard, I’ll sit alone for the next 6 hours doing nothing so I’ve decided to suck it up and give it another chance.
- just went down Friday Flats (the bunny slopes) again and actually did really well- maybe I haven’t lost my confidence after all!
- ran into a few friends, SO many people are at Thredbo this weekend.
- was just asked “Friday flats AGAIN ” by the guy checking my lift pass. So what if I’m a wuss and can’t go on the bigger runs after yesterday’s experience?
- is getting better and better… so glad I ended up boarding today- I’ll leave on a high note!
- and Andrew just said goodbye to the snowy mountains and we’re on our way home. My body is still in massive pain, but I had a great time!
To see the rest of our pictures- click here!