Andrew went out with his friends tonight- I chose to stay home. Last week he went out with friends twice and I chose to stay home. I’m not sure what it is- but I just have no desire to go out and spend lots of money on alcohol these days. Staying up until 1 or 2 just sounds exhausting! Plus, ever since we went snowboarding I’ve had minor health annoyances that keep flaring up. I have this recurring bullshit problem called gastritis and alcohol increases the problem so I’m on a drinking hiatus. Usually I get bummed if I can’t have wine with dinner every now and then, but this week I really couldn’t care less. I just want to feel better! I’ve also minimized all soda, tea (any caffeine really) and spicy food since they are also culprits in my annoying issue. Soooo… back to my point… I’m staying home.
Here are a few reasons that I’m glad to be having a quiet night at home:
1. I am not going to feel like crap all day tomorrow
2. Andrew just texted and said 3 long Island Iced Teas are $48 bucks! That would only be about $24 in California! Staying home prevents me from having to even be annoyed about that. I’ll make my own tropical refreshing iced tea for about 50 cents if I want to. Except I don’t, because I can’t drink tea for awhile.
3. I can sit around in my comfy pjs and Uggs rather than wearing some tight jeans and high heels
4. When I get too tired… I can just walk in the other room and go to bed rather than standing in some bar yawning and wishing we could leave
5. I can enjoy my new favorite hobby… browsing The Knot
6. I don’t have to talk to anyone. For some people this would be horrible, but I had my fix of social chatting earlier when some friends were over- now I can just sit and enjoy the silence
7. I can read more of my book that is taking me FOREVER to finish
8. I can get caught up on some work that I have to do this weekend. Ok… that’s not really a benefit of staying home- but I guess I’m going to have to do it at some point so I might as well start tonight
9. I can write this blog. See, now aren’t YOU all happy I stayed home as well?