…that Andrew and I bought an apartment?


We’ve been in the process of buying the apartment since December 08. It was only completed in August and the last few months have been HELL in terms of settling. I’ll spare you the details but I think the words “bank bureaucracy” can sum it up nicely. Ā I didn’t even tell most of my family about the place until this last month because I was too worried it wouldn’t work out for some reason. But it did! šŸ™‚

So time to cross #47- Own a Property- off my 101 list! WOOHOO! šŸ™‚

Oh and while I’m at it, I’ll cross off a few more that I’ve accomplished in the last few weeks:

#68- See another big production musical/play on stage. I saw Wicked last month with some of Andrew’s family and it was great. Honestly, as good as it was- I don’t think it was AS rave worthy as some of my Wicked obsessed friends back home made it out to be. Awesome story line and great music, but Miss Saigon is still my favorite.

#91- Get an Aussie Driver’s license. This one had actually been deleted from my list because I didn’t think it was possible. Technically you need to be on Aussie soil for 6 months (without leaving) in order to legally get one. Or… you can just let your American license expire and then go to the RTA with your fingers crossed and hope they give you one anyways. Luckily, when your overseas license expires, they DO give you one. Too bad the picture sucks ass.

8 thoughts on “Did I Mention…”

  1. Congrats on your new place!
    But huh? about the drivers license??
    I applied a week after I arrived here & they just gave it to me? I just had to show my US license – I guess I was just lucky??

  2. I’m thinking about getting my Aussie license, too, but do you have to start on P plates or any of that nonsense when you show your CA license or do you just automatically get a full license? I really don’t want to have to deal with driving lessons or P plates so I’m tempted to just keep my CA if that’s what it entails.

    1. As of May 08 (roughly), you either have to have permanent residence (I’m still temporary) or you have to be in the country for 6 months withot leaving. That’s the law, so Monique- if you got one after may 08 on a temporary residence visa- you were lucky. They did question me about my last entry date and even checked my passport and everything. As for the P plates, no- I could prove I had my license for at least 3 years and as long as you can do that, you can get a full Aussie license no problem. Mine does expire in 1 year though since I’m still temporary. Whatev, I’ll renew my CA one when I go back there anyways.

  3. ohhhhhh I guess it’s cause I was a permanent resident then – that makes sense:) I must have shown them my visa – I forgot – sorry! šŸ™‚ Isn’t it SO fab that we don’t have to take a test or do P plates though? Thanks goodness for that!!

  4. Sweet congrats on the place!

    We saw Wicked last night!! The Wicked witch was incredible.

    We should totally hang out. Andrew is going to destroy me at tennis sometime this week, then we should go out.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Scroll to Top