It’s been awhile since I’ve written a silver linings blog. If you aren’t familiar with these click here. I probably haven’t spent as much time thinking about good things lately as I should be and so tonight I’m forcing myself to sit down and write.
1. To start off my silver linings list I have something very relevant. I finished The Silver Linings Playbook this weekend and I really loved it. I actually was in bed until 2pm on Saturday reading the whole day away. That is SO unlike me but the rain gave me a good reason to stay under covers.
2. My family is coming! Sunday my sister, her kids, her boyfriend and my mom are all flying out to Sydney. For everyone except my mom it will be their first time in Australia and I can’t wait for them to see where I live. They will only be here a week which is sad but I suppose the silver lining in that is that a week is probably just the right amount of time for 7 people to be living in a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment. Eek.
3. Thanks to all the free Ikea stuff I got at the Opera House Summer Sleepover I actually have enough blankets to cover 7 people. Beds, no, blankets, yes. Wow… Do we actually have 6 whole duvet covers? Why yes, we do… I never realised. Why the heck do we need 6? Oh yes, for when 5 people fly over to visit at the same time. 🙂
4. Our US real estate agent sent us a Target gift card today. Happy happy day. Sure I can’t actually shop until I get back to CA but when I do it will come in very handy.
5. I’ve had a really good few weeks at work. Every day I feel lucky to work with good people and to have such a great boss.
6. I got invited to another Yelp Elite party. I love me some Yelp. Now I just have to cross my fingers that I make the cut on the final guest list.
7. I had a very pleasant (and a bit boozy) Sunday with my friends. We sat on the balcony and enjoyed wine, cheese and crackers for hours. It’s one of my favourite kinds of days and our catch up was long overdue.
8. I’m starting to feel the motivation to create another 101 in 1001. It will take a lot to write another list, but I’m starting to ponder some ideas. Watch this space.