Things I’ve learned about TV in Australia… and other topics of interest.
1. Cable didn’t even arrive in Australia until 1995. Yes… 1995! Andrew said that in high school people used to go to the US and come back and tell tales of how there were 80 channels. No one could believe it or understand it. Weird. I guess Australia just lags in the TV department.
2. There is only one cable company. This means- no competition and no selection of satelite or digital blah blah. Not that I really care that much- but it does mean that prices are high (what’s new?)
3. Shows here have different names. For instance, “The Girls Next Door” is called “The Girls of the Playboy Mansion”
4. On the topic of the Girls Next Door I have two words… NO CENSORSHIP! Lots of cussing and boob action all over the place!
5. Can someone please tell me when the hell LOST is going to start? Did it already?? I just have no idea what is going on in the TV world in the US. And is Heroes still on? That was on here and then it just stopped. And thank God for itunes because I can download Grey’s Anatomy. I really cant wait around for lagging Australia to put that on the air.