I’ve been busy in the last few weeks! Let’s catch you up on all the things I’ve been doing, shall we?
- Tonight Andrew and I finalized our vows and reading for the ceremony
- Centerpiece candles have been purchased
- Main music choices have been made
- Wedding liability insurance was purchased
- First 2 dress fitting appointment are set… yup definitely pushing that close to the big day
- Aussie wedding invites have been sent… US ones will hopefully go out next week
- I’m 96% sure of the hairstyle I want (finally, it only took HOURS of googling to decide)
- We got a videographer!! YAY!
- I’ve NEARLY finalized the main wedding day schedule. Hopefully I’ll be able to send that off to the vendors in a few weeks
- Pre-wedding spa day with my bridal party is all booked
- Bachelorette cruise is booked and paid for- technically my sister did this, but I’ll still cross it off my list
I do think I would be an amazingly organized wedding coordinator
Now let’s have a look at some of the unsettled items looming over my head like a black cloud:
- Purchase Andrew’s ring… this is a lot harder than it may sound
- Book wedding night accommodation… why must we pay SO much to sleep in a place for less than 12 hours?
- Purchase the rest of the alcohol. I really can’t do this until we know the final guest count. This is probably the hardest task ever. How on earth do we predict how much our friends and family will drink? Those online calculators don’t seem to be accurate for Australian drinkers.
- Buy a gift for my nephew (the ring bearer). What do I get a 10 year old boy for being in our wedding? Everything online is to sappy, too young or too retarded. I’ll probably just end up getting him some cool toy that he’ll forget about in 6 months.
- Yes… there is more, but I’ll spare you from reading ALL the fine details
Damn that weddingwire website for sending me constant reminders of things I SHOULD be doing. I just don’t want to do it all yet… or ever! On the other hand, bless that site for keeping me in line and completely organized.
Even though there are still so many little things to be done, the good news is that my wedding nightmares seem to have subsided for the time being. With only 2 months to go, I’m sure they will be back shortly.